There have been a number of features that Playstation owners have been asking for over and over again since the Playstation 4’s launch.
Well it seems in the next major update, we will be seeing at least some of those finally being released.
For me the biggest one is the notification of a friend going online, something I’ve dearly missing since transferring from Xbox 360 to PS4. But other features like Appear Offline and apparently being able to stream PS4 to your PC/Mac are also very welcomed.
Here’s the official list as posted by Sony:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
I don’t know at this point when the update will be officially released, it goes into beta status tomorrow for those who signed up for it. I imagine it will be out sooner than later though.