Week # 2 has arrived with the 2018 summer anime season. What’s in store this week?!
Just like every week, I’ll be watching my selected shows for the season and giving my brief feelings on the episode, along with things I liked and things I didn’t like. So let’s get a’watchin’!
***WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!***
- Haru is so fucking lazy…and yet I can’t stop loving her!
- The sexist part of this storyline is extremely irritating. But it’s working, so they’re doing their job.
- Sixth and final girl next week. It’s like I have this feeling she’ll be really good and help them nab these three tuna they need.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 3/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: B- (70%)
- Okay…she reveals she’s pregnant and then they’re transported to another world. You’ve got minutes to save this absolutely random bullshit.
- This is really…really cringy…
- Blah blah blah, our world is in danger, we need you to save them, even though you have no fucking clue what’s going on. This is fucking stupid, I’m sorry but this kind of plot only works if I’m interested from the get-go, which I’m not, so…BYE-BYE!!!
DID NOT FINISH – ***DROPPED***
- Sweet Jesus, they’re really trying to see how close they can get without actually showing anything, eh?
- REALLY? THEY’RE GETTING COVERED IN HONEY?!!!
- At this point, I have to declare this show too much for me. This has zero to do with it being yaoi, it has everything to do with how aggressive the show is with its romance. I’ve obviously never really looked into BL, so if this is what every manga, light novel and anime is in this genre, sweet fucking Jesus, they call us harem lovers perverts?!
- I don’t actually hate this show. Truth be told, if not for the excessive over-the-top make-out sessions, I’d probably keep this show. There’s a real dynamic between the two guys that is hard not to like. But when a harem guy like me is even going “Wow, you’re overdoing it with sex.”, you’re pulling attention away from the rest of the show and it’s now become too much of a distraction.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 2/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | Ecchi – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: D- (52%) ***DROPPED***
- Every time Tanisu mentions he’s a normal human, I’m convinced there’s something even more unique about him that we’ve yet to see.
- All five play off each other really well, though I will admit that I’d love to see a little more than just someone causing trouble and them collectively having to fix it. I really want to see more comedy with it.
- Because of this, the show is waning. Not quite “On Notice” material yet, but it’s in danger of getting there.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: D (55%)
- I still don’t know what the fuck I’m watching. This is beyond weird, not to mention it’s so short I don’t even have time to adjust to what’s going on before it’s over. Yep! Done!
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 2/5 | TBD | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: F (46%) ***DROPPED***
- I…I CAN’T GET OVER HOW CUTE THIS GODDAMN SHOW IS!!!
- “KYUUUUU!!! KYU KYU KYU KYU!!!” Yeah…I love that fluff ball.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Cuteness – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: C+ (68%)
- I absolutely zoned out during this episode. That’s a terrible sign. It’s kinda shocking actually, considering it’s a moe show and I’m usually good with that. But I think it’s trying too hard, honestly. That’s probably the best way I can explain why it’s bugging me.
- Well…and Akari’s kind of annoying…
DID NOT FINISH – ***DROPPED***
- Already folks! Haven’t started the show yet, who’s taking the over-under on this one being a massive ecchi incest anime?!
- A minute in, I think I’m taking the over…
- All right, we’ve got censor symbols! I’m winning for sure!
- Also…THAT GIRL HE WORKS WITH IS WEARING A SKIRT SHORTER THAN HER PANTIES AT HER FUCKING JOB?!!!
- Oh? He adores an author? It won’t totally turn out to be his little sister… *sarcasm*
- Close, she’s a new up and comer writing imouto light novels. That was the other option.
- So it’s A Sister’s All You Need, but she’s the massive pervert.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Ecchi – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: B- (72%)
- I’m blown away how interested I’m getting in this show. And even more interested in how the MC isn’t annoying me. In fact, I freaking love the guy!
- It’s good that we have foils right off the bat for him and Alma to deal with, in the Bravery Quartet.
- I wonder how they’ll explain how Seth can deflect that level of power. My crazy theory, is he’s somehow part Nemesis himself.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (80%)
- The random girl at the park was hilarious, hope she’s a lot more integral later on.
- It’s to the point now that Mai appears to be completely invisible, even her mother no longer knows who she is.
- Now it’s even weirder that people at school still remember who she is. Makes it perfectly obvious that Rio is on the money with the school be the central cause of things. But the real question is what and why?
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Mystery – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: A (88%)
- I really like this anime. It’s half the length, moves fast, gives me a little insight on something I know almost nothing about and it’s not insulting my intelligence either.
- Now with a little more structure, especially in knowing where every character works within the bookstore, everything makes a little more sense.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 3/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: B (75%)
- Yeah…there’s just no reaction from me now. Ah well, it was worth a shot.
Interest – 1/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: D- (50%) ***DROPPED***
- My thoughts are that the black-haired girl in the picture is actually Veldora, so I’m waiting for that moment.
- It’s nice to see goblins and not have the desire to throw up…
- I’m still a little put off that we haven’t really met that many people yet after two episodes. It’s not a big deal, but given all the faces we see on the image above, you’d think we’d have seen one of them by now.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: B (76%)
- Okay, really? Is the milk cow nickname necessary? I really like this girl’s look, why you gotta ruin it?
- I really, REALLY want to drop this show just because they slaughtered all those fairies and showed the blood. It’s Episode fucking 2, why are you trying way too hard to be a little edgy?
- Really good action towards the end, loved crazy Jeanne.
- I’m putting the show on notice, even though I really enjoyed the action in the second half. In my opinion, you cannot have a show where you give a female character a terrible nickname like “milk cow” because she has large breasts and then minutes later show 2 fairies dead in little pools of blood following that. That’s fucking ridiculous. You don’t violently kill moe.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 4/5 | Action – 4/5 | Ecchi – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: C (64%) ***ON NOTICE***
- Same as last week, didn’t take my eyes off the show once.
- The ferret posing for the camera was freaking hysterical.
- OMG how do you not want to hug Misha when she’s in those PJs?
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 5/5 | TBD |
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (100%)
- At this point, I really REALLY like Saki and that’s it. The others right now are not really fleshing out. Pun intended.
- The comedy is there for sure, but it’s coming at the very end with these concerts. The journey to the concert both episodes thus far has been boring and nonsensical. This time around, it’s not hiding as easily.
- I still enjoyed the rap battle between the two, but the 15 minutes before it just weren’t great.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: C (65%)