Week # 3 has arrived with the 2018 summer anime season. What’s in store this week?!
Just like every week, I’ll be watching my selected shows for the season and giving my brief feelings on the episode, along with things I liked and things I didn’t like. So let’s get a’watchin’!
***WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!***
- Pancakes are the way to the soul. Fact.
- I don’t know if they’re intentionally trying to make me hate that one guy so much that I want to beat his face in with a frying pan…but it’s working.
- I don’t like how they technically cheated/lucked into winning the challenge. They should’ve done what they were seemingly about to do, Haru using her silliness from earlier in the day as a way to distract and eventually catch the fish.
- Ruby’s a terrible spy.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: B- (70%)
- The show is getting more and more boring.
- The “racism” angle they’re taking is kind of irritating. Perhaps it has more to do with how I look at this show as a comical, light-hearted slice of life and I wasn’t expecting this much drama.
- The show’s gotta step it up. I’m not getting nearly enough from it. Considering I like the post-credits segment with the voice actors better than the show itself, that’s a real problem.
Interest – 2/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 1/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: F (45%) ***ON NOTICE***
- Gee this “male” mayor couldn’t totally be a girl with a voice like that. eh?
- And this “male” mayor took offense to women being called weak?! What a strange coincidence!!
- OHHHHHH?! THE “MALE” MAYOR TURNS TO BE A WOMAN?! NANI?!!!
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Cuteness – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: B (76%)
- To have someone even more fucked in the head, with Mai…the show’s only gonna get crazier.
- Suzuka’s trying really hard to be #1, but Reika, the editor…she’s not even trying and she’s winning handily.
- Poor Suzuka. Because of Ahegao’s doujins, now there’s a ton of other things she wants to do with Yuu and can’t.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Ecchi – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (80%)
- Y’know, it took me until this episode to notice that Alma lost an arm.
- The hatred against sorcerers story is getting tiresome, they need to lighten up a bit on that narrative.
- I’m impressed how they put together a meaningful 3-episode intro before Seth leaves for his own journey. Seeing both Seth and Alma in tears as they parted actually A, made sense and B, was pulled off perfectly.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Action – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (80%)
- The idea of even Mai’s name being erased from his book in insane.
- I’m admittedly really starting to like Rio.
- I wonder if Mai took a chance having him remember one key piece of information on his midterm as a way to remember her, even when the syndrome takes effect after he falls asleep.
- Poor bastard, goes from one rumour to a total embarrassing memory that everyone will remember.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Mystery – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (92%)
- I’m literally being battered with the confusion stick with all the sales rep talk.
- *insert French joke about the guy being so scary, but every joke about the French is about them being cowards*
- The over-the-top shitty English and now French is killing me.
- I’ve gotta say, this episode wasn’t the greatest, but I’m getting the sense that this will be a show that won’t take too much of my time, gets its shit in, and will either be okay or absolutely hysterical. This week? Not the latter, unfortunately.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 3/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: C- (60%)
- Just the idea of him healing all the goblins and spitting them out. So he healed them…but gave them all concussions. XD
- Oh my god, that goblin girl is hot…I’ve almost forgotten about Goblin Slayer now.
- I like how this show is running thus far. It’s very much like Log Horizon, in how they’re starting with basic essentials and working their way forward.
- I also like how Rimuru isn’t even truly aware just how powerful he is.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (84%)
- The reunion with Richemont was way too “OH HELLO THERE!!!”.
- -1 point for almost-rape, because this show has to be edgy too!
- I’m unbelievably disappointed with this show. The potential to be a really fun action-packed anime with sex appeal was an easy take for this show, given the cast of characters they have. But instead they fall victim of trying too hard to do two things at once. They want to be sexy and edgy. They don’t mix, folks. I don’t care what anyone says.
- All they had to do was back off a bit on the “OMG, SO MUCH HORROR!!!” and this show would be fine. A great show? No, but passable for sure.
Interest – 2/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 4/5 | Action – 3/5 | Ecchi – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: D- (52%) ***DROPPED***
- Good lord she keeps finding ways to cross the line, eh?
- Oh my god, the hamsters… ❤
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 5/5 | Moe – 4/5 |
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (96%)
- It’s been three episodes now. The format has not changed. The first 15 minutes suck and the last little bit is pretty fun.
- Except this episode, the concert was plain, didn’t have any real funny moments and kind of just…was there.
- If with each episode I feel more and more bored, what is really left? A bunch of cute girls? Any show can have that.
Interest – 1/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: F (35%) ***DROPPED***