Week # 4 has arrived with the 2018 summer anime season. What’s in store this week?!
Just like every week, I’ll be watching my selected shows for the season and giving my brief feelings on the episode, along with things I liked and things I didn’t like. So let’s get a’watchin’!
***WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!***
- I actually agree with Namino for once. Ruby is fucking irritating as all hell.
- Okay, Namino being a real bitch is kinda starting to get old.
- The fact this entire episode was made solely because Ruby doesn’t like fish…that’s a real waste of an episode.
- Beach episode with lack of swimsuit variety. -1 point.
- I’m gonna be completely honest here. Three episodes in, I was excited. This episode? Really annoyed and bored. Show’s in real danger now with me if it doesn’t start just having fun again. Not on notice yet, it’s earned an extra chance after a good start, but man do they have a hill to climb now.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | Ecchi – 2/5 | -1 point
OVERALL SCORE: F (48%)
- The episode just…ends. What the fuck?
- Everything was okay at best, I had an interest in what they might find in the lab, but now with the addition of a completely random stoppage to the episode, there’s no saving this show. It needed a great episode and was barely able to concoct an okay one.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 1/5 | TBD | -1 point for random ending
OVERALL SCORE: F (45%) ***DROPPED***
- I’m in love with the purple-haired fairy.
- I’m pretty sure the princess is same voice as Umaru. A brat through and through.
- Let’s go beyond that, I’m pretty much okay with banging any of these (of age) fairies.
- Episode ended abruptly. -1 point
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Cuteness – 5/5 | -1 point
OVERALL SCORE: B (76%)
- Don’t have a lot to say with this episode, was pretty average.
- Other than Mai and Ahegao trading “I’m sexier than you!” poses in costumes, most of this episode was pretty forgettable. A loooooot of talking.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | Ecchi – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: C (64%)
- Melie’s a glorious idiot, Doc’s just a loud idiot. Y’know, like Seth.
- Oh? She has a second personality? I love it.
- I’m not sure how well the three will mesh together yet, but I’m certainly interested.
- Not to mention, them already having foils we will likely see for some time is great progress.
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (80%)
- The interactions between the two are getting better and better.
- Oh dear, now we’re in a time paradox.
- Ass kick girl is back with her own problem. Naturally it affects Sakuta and not Mai (well…least not until Tomoe falls on top of him).
- These situations are becoming very complicated now that time is being used as well.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 4/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Mystery – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (84%)
- My girlfriend was dying watching this show, she works in customer service, so she 100% identifies with the ridiculousness and bullshit pushed upon workers to be overly upbeat and smiling so hard their jaw hurts.
- Me? It was all right, nothing too special. Also there was basically no second act, so nothing complimented the first act.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 3/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | TBD
OVERALL SCORE: C- (60%)
- I just finally noticed this show is 24 episodes, not the traditional 12. Really happy about that, because this show so far has been well-paced and really could use more time.
- I continue to enjoy how Rimuru has no idea just how strong he is and ends up scaring the shit (this time literally) out of everyone.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Ecchi – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (92%)
- Hahahaha, she adopted three of the hamsters as well. They’ll make “fine” guards.
- The play date actually went better than I expected it would.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Moe – 4/5 |
OVERALL SCORE: A (88%)