Week # 6 has arrived with the 2018 summer anime season. What’s in store this week?!
Just like every week, I’ll be watching my selected shows for the season and giving my brief feelings on the episode, along with things I liked and things I didn’t like. So let’s get a’watchin’!
NOTE: You’re going to notice a few timestamps in my notes. These are just specific moments in episodes where I think of something that I feel is important. I don’t know how often I’ll put these stamps down, or even if I’ll keep doing them. But this is just so you guys know where my head’s at during a specific moment, like if I’m calling something before it happens, right or wrong.
***WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!***
- [0:30] I’m already really sad because I’m now aware the fairies are gone for good.
- This new girl is extremely fucking annoying right now.
- [21:45] I went through this entire episode with nothing to say. It was pretty damn boring.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 1/5 | Cuteness – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: C- (60%)
- Standard beach episode stuff, y’know, sunscreen, walking in on showers afterwards, all that jazz. I know it’s intentional, but man it’s way too cliche.
- Mai actually stepped it up a notch this week. Her swimsuit still sucked, but that moment with her at night in just a long shirt? Damn…
- Also, Ahegao wins swimsuit contest #2. She’s the only one you’d consider to be “hot” that time.
- Really? A writer never thought to “become” the character before?
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 3/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Ecchi – 5/5
OVERALL SCORE: C (64%)
- [4:49] No reason to show a mark on her leg, eh? Can’t have anything to do with her curse or anything…
- Of course Melba’s puppet is her father. Why wouldn’t it be?!
- Naturally it makes sense that they need pissed off Melie to teach Seth.
- Well, Yaga’s gonna be Alma 2.0 for Seth. How many whacks to the head per episodes will he give, I wonder?
- [21:54] I can’t help but see a tiny hint of romantic interest from Melie…
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Action – N/A
OVERALL SCORE: B (75%)
- [6:15] I’m pre-calling it now, since seeing the TV with the date again, the time loop is about to begin again, once the two “break up”.
- YUP! There it is.
- I don’t think Tomoe’s lying, she’s acting perfectly in sync. Even a great actor can’t do that.
- Oh she is lying? How could she possibly re-enact everything to a tee? I mean, I’m not shocked that she in the end fell for him, but still, I’m hard-pressed to think both could act so well.
- Tomoe really hit me hard there at the end, crying because she knew she couldn’t win against Mai. Give the writers credit for pulling this arc off, because it wouldn’t have worked at an emotional level for me if Tomoe wasn’t so easy to like. If she was a bit of a brat, I’d only be happy that her arc is ending. Instead, this arc ends perfectly with me feeling extremely sorry for her.
- I DID NOT EXPECT THEM TO GO BACK ALL THE WAY TO THE BEGINNING!!!
- -1 point for the inability for me to believe both Tomoe and Sakuta could repeat lines verbatim and act perfectly in sync to days gone by beforehand. NOTE: This would’ve been an A+ episode had I not been so annoyed with this. A real shame, because the writing of this arc was so damn good.
- Even weirder, every day repeated the same way after that, just without the lie with Tomoe.
- Is there something about this Shoko girl? If we saw her already, I’ve forgotten.
- *Google searches…* OHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HIS FIRST CRUSH!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Drama – 5/5 | -1 point
OVERALL SCORE: A (88%)
- Well! It looks like I found a potential waifu this season in Shizu!
- I hope those other three adventurers aren’t ones we see too often. They’re quite annoying.
- Unsurprisingly, Shizu’s from Japan as well, but a Summon rather than a Reincarnation. And she appears to be from either World War 1 or 2. I want to assume WW1 based on the buildings, but who knows.
- Why do I get the feeling she’ll be forced to fight Rimuru towards the end of the season? SHE BETTER NOT DIE OR SACRIFICE HERSELF!!!
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: A (88%)
- Oh no…Tsubame has a friend. Oh?! She wants Tsubame and not Misha? Go on…
- Oh great, she’s a masochist too. Good lord this show is going to be even more fun.
- [11:55] I’m fucking dying!
- She is so fucked up too, my god those two together…
- Y’know, I really, REALLY like how she looks with short hair. She’s still royally fucked up though.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 5/5 | Moe – 4/5 |
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (96%)