Week # 7 has arrived with the 2018 summer anime season. What’s in store this week?!
Just like every week, I’ll be watching my selected shows for the season and giving my brief feelings on the episode, along with things I liked and things I didn’t like. So let’s get a’watchin’!
***WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!***
- There’s no doubt this silver-haired boy talking to them is dead. He did say “It’s been so long since I’ve talked to someone.” after all.
- I’m getting mad 18if vibes from this episode. Granted, I don’t think the overwhelming darkness of that show will be present here.
- I’m not getting the symbolism, nor the message the show’s trying to deliver here…
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 1/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 1/5 | Cuteness – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: D (56%)
- [1:12] Hahahahaha! She thought he legit loved her!
- Ah, the cliche “Bitch rival challenges newcomer to competition where if newcomer loses, they give up” situation. Gee, I wonder how it’ll end? Of course Suzuka will lose and the show will end four episodes early.
- [13:01] …Suzuka is going to be really, REALLY fucked up when she finally has her first time…whether it’s with Yuu or not.
- Admittedly, the show’s getting to a point where it’s dragging along. It has good days and this day was okay, but the second half just plain ol’ sucked. The entire school festival was just awful.
- I know it’s only four episodes to go, but the show really needs to be careful, I’ve got a history dropping shows just before the end out of sheer frustration.
Interest – 3/5 | Writing – 2/5 | Design – 2/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Ecchi – 4/5
OVERALL SCORE: D (56%)
- Poor Doc. The tentacles claim another victim.
- Melba got coffee right too soon, I think.
- I enjoy pissed off Melie waaaaaaaaay too much.
- OH MY GOD THE SQUID IS THEIR FRIEND, HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Interest – 4/5 | Writing – 4/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 4/5 | Action – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (80%)
- With Shoko still being a 7th grader and not aging the same as Sakuta, I’m learning now not to get too guessy with these plotlines, because they’re so hard to figure out. For now, we’ll just see what happens.
- THE HELL?! TWO FUTABAS?!!!
- So are Futaba and Shoko potentially experiencing the same phenomena? Just Shoko has a younger version?
- [21:38] Why did Kaede just freak out because of a phone ring?
- I’m not sure what’s going on just yet, but one could assume it’s just Futaba’s manifestation of what she thinks Kunimi would be attracted to, for him to want to go out with her. As for Shoko, I have no idea yet. They haven’t shown their hand at all with her.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 3/5 | Drama – 3/5
OVERALL SCORE: A- (84%)
- [05:35] WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE!!! THEY JUST HAD SHIZU KILL A CHILD!!! I don’t care Leon made her do it, that’s fucking not cool!
- Once again, can we stop it with anime playing a more casual, funny game for a period of time AND THE SUDDENLY GETTING SUPER VIOLENT AND EDGY?!!!
- I do not care if this is supposed to push the villain at us, they could’ve done it without murdering that child. Perhaps Pizu, the monster, but the child? Absolutely uncalled for.
- -1 point for unnecessary child murder. And an extra -1 point for doing this 7 episodes into a show that has basically been absolutely positive and happy until now.
- I love how Rimuru is extra pissed cause all the buildings got burned just after all the work they did.
- As expected, even Ifrit isn’t much of a challenge. To be fair, he’s usually one of the first Final Fantasy summons. He can’t be THAT powerful, right?
- So with Ifrit imprisoned, would this mean that Shizu is no longer under its control? Does she even have the ability to fight anymore, especially with her fire attacks?
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 3/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 2/5 | Action – 5/5 | -2 points
OVERALL SCORE: B- (72%)
- You know I’m enjoying myself when I watched the entire episode without writing anything.
- Midori and Tsubame really are gelling so well together.
- I’m also really happy that I still get to see short-haired Midori as well, she’s so damn pretty.
Interest – 5/5 | Writing – 5/5 | Design – 5/5 | Comedy – 5/5 | Moe – 4/5 |
OVERALL SCORE: A+ (96%)